The military spokesman for the forces of the Houthi group (Ansar Allah), Brigadier General Yahya Seree said on Sunday, that King Khalid Air Base in Khamis Mushait, southern Saudi Arabia, was striked by houthi drones.
Saree stated in a press statement, that the drones targeted radars and military positions at the King Khalid base and hit the targets accurately, without specifying the number of such drones.
The brigadier general Saree reiterated his emphasis on that the targeting of King Khalid Air Base in Khamis Mushait comes in response to the "crimes of aggression and the ongoing siege on the great Yemeni people and their continuous raids," pointing out that the air raids of the Saudi-led coalition to support legitimacy in Yemen, increased to 36 air strikes during the past 48 hours, causing heavy casualties, so far as he claimed.
As of this writing, there has been no comment from Saudi Arabia on what the Houthi military spokesman said that the repeated attacks by drones forced Riyadh in late July to "move the control to other military bases to become a new starting point for hostilities," stressing that the new bases were monitored and included among the military objectives of the Houthi forces.
Saudi Arabia has been leading a military coalition in Yemen since 26 March 2015, in support of forces loyal to President Hadi to retake areas controlled by Houthi group (Ansar Allah).
Since mid-May, Houthis have intensified firing ballistic missiles and launching drone attacks on Saudi territory "in reply to coalition airstrikes that target Yemeni civilians and infrastructure."
Last May, Houthis said they had a "bank of 300 vital targets in Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates."