The Yemeni interior minister sacked on Wednesday three chiefs of security units for their participation in the "coup against legitimacy" in the southern port city of Aden.
Last Saturday, Emirati-backed separatist forces seized full control over Aden, seat of the internationally-recognized government, following 4-day violent clashes with official army.
Minister Ahmed al-Maysari issued three decrees firing Aden police director (Shallal Ali Shaie), Lahj police director (Saleh Assayed) and commander of special forces in southern governorates of Aden, Lahj, Abyan and Dhalea (Fadhl Baesh).
Under the decrees, the three men would be referred to investigation over direct participation in fighting the official forces and helping the separatist Southern Transitional Council (STC) take full control of Aden, Lahj and Dhalea.
Maysari, who had been escorted by Saudi troops to Riyadh after the STC seizure of Aden, also issued three other decrees appointing Nassir Mohamed al-Shawhati as Aden police director, Hassan Mohamed Shokri as Lahj police director, and Suleiman Nassir al-Zamiki as commander of special forces in Aden, Lahj, Abyan and Dhalea.
But to get into effect, the IM decrees need the STC forces to leave Aden first.
Separately, pro-STC police launched Wednesday a security campaign, following calls by people in Aden.
Led by Aden police director Shaie, the campaign focuses on Sheikh Othman and Dar Sa'ad, security sources said, after the two districts had seen armed clashes, the latest left on Monday two people killed.
Armored vehicles and pickups headed for Assaiala quarter in Dar Sa'ad to secure the area, locals in Sheikh Othman told Debriefer correspondent.
"The security forces blocked the main road leading to Dar Sa'ad," the eyewitnesses added.
The 4-day fighting over Aden seizure left 40 people killed and 260 others injured, according to UN release, as the Yemeni President Abd Rabbu Mansour Hadi and his government officially accused the United Arab Emirates of standing behind "another coup" against legitimacy.