The United Nations Special Envoy to Yemen, Martin Griffiths, arrived on Wednesday in the Yemeni capital of Sanaa, which has been controlled by the Houthi group Ansar Allah since September 2014.
At arrival, Envoy Martin Griffiths gave no comments to reporters at Sana'a airport.
The UN’s Special envoy to Yemen, Martin Griffiths, said on Tuesday that Yemen was divided after the Southern Transitional Council forces took control of Aden.
Martin Griffiths told the UN Security Council that there is “no time to lose” in brokering a peace deal to bring the fighting to a close.
The UN envoy said developments in Aden and Abyan show the difficulty of achieving peace, stressing that the situation in Aden affects the social fabric and “paralyses the work of state institutions.”
Martin added that it is unacceptable that the situation in Aden remains the same, calling for more efforts to contain the situation in Aden.
He warned that the Yemen faced the prospect of breaking apart unless an agreement ending the decades-long conflict is found urgently.
Griffiths stressed that every additional day of the conflict adds to the total of the tragedy and the misery.
Earlier on Wednesday, a senior leader of the Houthi group(Ansar Allah), Muhammad Ali al-Houthi, tweeted:"The United Nations envoy to Yemen, Martin Griffiths should look for a new table, he knows very well that coalition’s mercenaries do not have any powers, and that any discussions that the aggression states do not agree will not achieve."
Al-Houthi added that “anything that was not approved by the countries of the US-Saudi aggression and its allies in Yemen (refers to "legitimate" government) cannot see the light even if the mercenaries agree.”
Yemen has been racked by 5-year bloody conflictbetween the Yemeni official government's forces, backed by a Saudi-led coalition, and the Iranian-backed Houthi rebels who ousted the government in 2014.
Parties to the 5-year war in Yemen, after 8-day peace talks in Sweden, reached on the 13th of last December an agreement providing for ceasefire in Hodeida and redeployment of both sides' forces, exchanging prisoners and alleviating blockade imposed by Houthis on Taiz.
But none of this has taken place so far, with both sides trading blames for trying to thwart the deal.
The Red Sea city of Hodeida and its ports have been under Houthi control since late 2014, while Yemeni joint forces loyal to legitimate government and Arab coalition have massed at the city's fringes since last November seeking to retake the strategic port.