The United Nations latest statement on fortifications in the Red Sea city of Hodeida is incorrect, a military spokesman for the official government said Monday.
Head of the Redeployment Coordination Committee (RCC), General Abhijit Guha, is "blatantly biased with the Houthi group, treating the victim and executioner equally," Colonel Wadhah al-Dobaish added.
The UN statement is "false, misleading the international community, and includes flagrant deceptions."
On Saturday, the RCC chair said warring parties in Hodeida mobilized their forces and erected new fortifications in the few past days, in conflict to ceasefire deals.
Gen. Guha called both sides to stop any acts in contrast to Stockholm Agreement.
But Dobaish called the UN official to visit and prove the new erections "allegedly made by the government forces."
The UN team needs to go to the field and "issue a new statement, otherwise the government will have a different opinion."
The Houthis have "erected more than 19 new tunnels, fortifications and trenches, which were documented and informed to the UN official, but he has not lifted a finger."
The UN has recently established five checkpoints at frontlines in Hodeida to monitor ceasefire in the strategic port city.
Parties to the 4.5-year war in Yemen, after 8-day peace talks in Sweden, reached on the 13th of last December an agreement providing for ceasefire in Hodeida and redeployment of both sides' forces, exchanging prisoners and alleviating blockade imposed by Houthis on Taiz.
But none of this has taken place so far, with both sides trading blames for trying to thwart the deal.