Yemeni official government dubbed Houthi drone attack on military parade in Anad Airbase on Thursday as "brazen defiance message to international community and its binding resolutions, and indicator of Houthi blatant refusal to peace efforts" and persistent adoption of Tehran-tailored agenda.
"Silence and lenience of the UN and Security Council towards this rebel militia...emboldened the Houthis to persist in their aggressive, brutal approach and their threats against regional security," Hadi government stated on Thursday.
In a statement, the internationally recognized government condemned "rebels' launching explosive-laden, Iranian-made drones since Sweden Agreement" as systematically planned act "aimed at thwarting efforts exerted by the UN Secretary-General and his envoy for Yemen."
The statement called upon the int'l community to take serious actions against, not just verbal condemnations misinterpreted by, Houthis. "The United Nations is before real criterion and test of their seriousness and ability to stop Houthi obstinacy and those standing by them.
"The legitimate government and supporting Arab coalition will not sit on their hands, if such Houthis keep their persistence and efforts to prolong war and deepen Yemeni people suffering."
"Whenever we take step and respond to international peace efforts, such reactions are made by Iran's proxies in Yemen," Hadi gov't added arguing that Houthi "terrorist course will continue as long as the int'l community is lenient in enforcing its obvious binding resolutions on Yemen."
Earlier on Thursday, Houthis attacked military parade in al-Anad Military Base in the southern governorate of Lahj with a bomb-laden drone, leaving four Yemeni troops killed and others, including leaders, injured.
Rebel spokesman, Yahiya Abu Sare'i said the attack was in retaliation to "aggression aircraft" constant strikes "targeting innocent civilians."
Following intelligence collection, a "gathering of aggression mercenary leaders were located in Anad Base and targeted' with Qasif 1 drone.
In return, Hadi info minister Moammar al-Eryani threatened Houthis of decisive, robust response.
"The crime of targeting Anad Base will not pass peacefully," he tweeted.
Eryani called on the international community to support his government to overthrow "Houthi militias' coup and establish State's influence on all national soil."
He also called on UN and Security Council to deplore the "terrorist act" and take deterrent actions against the rebels.
The drone approached the military leadership podium at the base, said a local source then. "We had thought it was filming the military ceremony, before it exploded near the podium. Casualties were taken to hospitals in Aden and Lahj cities."
Houthis had targeted Anad before with ballistic missile, but this is the first time the rebels use drone to strike the base since they had been forced out of Aden and Lahj three years ago.
Based in al-Anad District of the southern governorate of Lahj, Anad Base is the largest and one of most vital military bases.
Yemen has been racked by an armed conflict that broke out after the Iran-backed Houthis had ousted the internationally recognized government late in 2014.
The conflict escalated after a Saudi-led coalition intervened militarily in the country in March 2015 to reinstate the government of President Hadi, leaving tens of thousands killed, hundreds of thousands injured, and 3 million displaced.
The war has pushed the country to the world's worst humanitarian crisis, according to the UN, with more than two thirds of the 28-million population in need for a type of humanitarian aid and immediate protection, including 8.4 million people unsure how to get next meal, and some 2 million children suffering severe shortage of nutrition.