The Saudi-led Arab coalition supporting the legitimate government of Yemen said its forces destroyed a Houthi drone control centre, the Saudi Al-Ekbariya TV reported on Friday.
It did not reveal where in Yemen and when the drone control centre had been attacked.
The statement came a day after the Houthi Group launched a drone attack on a military parade by pro-government forces at the Al-Anad military base in Lahj province.
Six soldiers were killed and more than ten others including senior commanders injured in the attack. Chief of staff of the government forces Lt. Gen Abdullah Al-Nakhae, his deputy Saleh Al-Zandani and Lahj governor Ahmed Al-Turki were among those injured in the explosives-laden drone which exploded over the parade review stand.
The internationally recognized government vowed to respond decisively to the attack.
The UN envoy to Yemen Martin Griffiths said he was alarmed by escalation of violence, and urged all the parties to the conflict to exercise restraint and refrain from further escalation.
"The Special Envoy calls on the parties to the conflict to create a conducive environment to maintain the positive momentum generated by the Sweden Consultations and the resumption of the Yemeni peace process," his office tweeted after the attack.
The coalition has been fighting the Iran-backed Houthis since March 2015 in order to restore the government of internationally recognized president Abdrabbuh Mansur Hadi.