WHO: About 175,000 families displaced from Hodeida since last June

Sanaa (Debriefer)
2019-02-12 | Since 1 Week

Displaced people from Hodeida (archive)

اضغط هنا لقراءة الخبر بالعربية

The World Health Organization said on Tuesday that 174,717 families had been displaced from the coastal province of Hodeida (west of Yemen) from June to January, as fighting between the two sides of the conflict escalated.

The organization said on its Facebook and Twitter accounts: "The families have fled to all parts of Yemen, which has been racked by an armed conflict for nearly four years between forces loyal to the Yemen's internationally recognized "legitimate" government, backed by a Saudi-led Arab military coalition, and the Iranian-backed Houthis group (Ansar Allah).

The World Health Organization (WHO) confirmed that displaced people are suffering from difficult living conditions and they are seeking to deliver health services to those displaced, including awareness and immunization against measles and rubella.

As a result of increased needs and the devastating impact of the war in Yemen, WHO and UNICEF have consolidated efforts through the Emergency Health and Nutrition Project to respond to urgent health needs and to ensure the provision of health care to the population.

Despite repeated announcements by international organizations of massive aid to Yemenis, most of them doubt the figures provided by these organizations and deny that any aid reach to them.

The conflict in Yemen, already the Arab world's poorest country, has left hundreds of thousands killed or injured and 3 million displaced, and pushed the country to the world's worst humanitarian crisis with more than 22 million people in need of aid 8.4 million of whom are on the brink of starvation, according to the United Nations.


Follow us on twitter

Follow us on Telegram
https://telegram.me/DebrieferNet

LATEST

Read Also


Comments

No comments

Add Comment