The UN Secretary-General's Special Envoy, Martin Griffiths, and the leader of the Houthis group, Abdulmalik al-Houthi, meeting on Monday is a "fruitless" meeting, a Yemeni familiar source told "Debriefer" international news agency.
The source, who asked not to be named, gave no further details, saying only that Griffiths and Houthi had not reached an integrated agreement to implement the Stockholm agreement signed by the parties to the conflict in Yemen last December.
The UN Special Envoy arrived in Yemen on Monday for a new visit aimed at trying to move forward the implementation of the Stockholm agreement, which has been stalled until now after it was due to be completed in January.
Griffiths did not gave any comment either on his meeting with the leader of the Houthis or upon arrival at Sanaa airport.
The spokesman for the group Houthis (Ansar Allah) and the head of its negotiating delegation, Mohamed Abdulsakam, that the leader of the group met on Monday the UN envoy to Yemen, Martin Griffiths.
Abdulsalam did not mention the outcome of the meeting, saying only that "the meeting discussed the Hodeida agreement and the need to expedite its implementation away from the fabrication of obstacles by the countries of aggression outside the Swedish agreement.
The spokesman for the Houthis tweeted on Monday: "The meeting dealt with humanitarian situation, which is being exacerbated by the unjust siege, arbitrary restrictions on trade and freedom of movement, and the failure of the active role of the United Nations to eliminate them, the most important of which is the closure of Sana'a airport, the spread of diseases and the suspension of the prisoners' file."
He said that the meeting also discussed "arbitrary measures on the economic side as collective punishment, especially the detention of the (Arab Coalition) of oil vessels, and the attempt to impose arbitrary economic restrictions that contribute to the increasing humanitarian situation affecting all Yemeni citizens without exception.
Abdulsalam said that Abdulmalik al-Houthi addressed the issue of the kidnapping of women by the forces of aggression in the occupied territories, and the increase of these cases from time to time, while these acts are not condemned by the United Nations and the relevant bodies as a serious violation. He also referred to the criminal and continuous targeting of children and women in repeated and ongoing crimes, because the silence applied helps cover the crimes of aggression and its continuation against the Yemeni people.
Yemen has been racked by an armed conflict that broke out after the Iranian-backed Houthis had ousted the internationally recognized government late in 2014.
Saudi Arabia has been leading a military coalition in Yemen since 26 March 2015, in support of forces loyal to President Hadi to retake areas controlled by Houthi group seen as proxy for Iran in the Arabian Peninsula country.
Parties to the over 4-year old war in Yemen, after 8-day peace talks in Sweden, reached on the 13th of last December an agreement providing for ceasefire in Hodeida and redeployment of both sides' forces, exchanging prisoners and alleviating blockade imposed by Houthis on Taiz.
But none of this has taken place so far, with both sides trading blames for trying to thwart the deal.
The port city of Hodeida and its three ports have been under Houthi control since late 2014, while Yemeni joint forces loyal to legitimate government and Arab coalition have massed at the city's fringes since last November seeking to retake the strategic port.
The conflict has left tens of thousands killed, hundreds of thousands injured, and 3 million displaced, triggering the world's worst humanitarian crisis, according to the UN, with most of the population in need for a type of humanitarian aid and immediate protection, including 14 million people risking famine and some 1.8 million children suffering malnutrition.