Houthis's spokesman: Our withdrawal from Hodeida' ports proves obstruction other party of Stockholm agreement

Sana'a (Debriefer)
2019-05-12 | Since 3 Month

Houthis's Spokesman, Mohammed Abdulsalam

اضغط هنا لقراءة الخبر بالعربية

The group of Houthis (Ansar Allah) considered that the start of the withdrawal of its forces from the ports of Hodeida in western Yemen on Saturday proves that the other party represented by the Yemen's internationally recognized government and the Saudi-led Arab Coalition supporting them is the obstacle to the implementation of the Stockholm agreement between the parties last December.

"Unilateral withdrawal, under the supervision of the United Nations was a step today in Hodeida in implementation of the Stockholm Agreement, which provides for simultaneous steps by both parties," the official spokesman of the Houthis group (Ansar Allah) Mohammed Abdulsalam said in two tweets on Twitter seen by "Debriefer News Agency".

Abdulsalam said: "The United Nations and the Security Council have an opportunity to force the other side to carry out the necessary without procrastination, instead of selling the speech, prove, once, your credibility on the ground."

He added: "Our unilateral move after months of long debate in the redeployment committee, in which the other party rejected all the proposals in which the implementation of simultaneous steps of all prove in practice who is the obstructionist party who does not want peace and does not want to progress in the implementation the Stockholm agreement," in an indictment to the Yemeni "legitimate" government" and the Arab alliance to obstruct the implementation of the agreement.

According to Houthi-run Yemeni "Saba" news agency Houthis said on Saturday that they began the implementation of redeployment from al-Salif, Ras Isa and Hodeida ports of Hodeidah province under the supervision of three teams of the United Nations according to Stockholm Agreement.

Parties to the 4-year war in Yemen, after 8-day peace talks in Sweden, reached on the 13th of last December an agreement providing for ceasefire in Hodeida and redeployment of both sides' forces, exchanging prisoners and alleviating blockade imposed by Houthis on Taiz.
But none of this has taken place so far, with both sides trading blames for trying to thwart the deal.

Yemen has been racked by a 4-year bloody conflict between the internationally recognized Yemeni government's forces, backed by a Saudi-led coalition, and the Iranian-backed Houthi rebels who ousted the government.

On Friday, the United Nations said Houthi group has agreed to unilaterally withdraw from the Hodeida three ports during 11 to 14 May, in preparation for UN leading role in managing the ports.
However, the government-appointed governor has said the withdrawals did not comply with the agreed steps, as the "redeployment deal provides for tri-sided monitoring and demining."

The governor of Hodeida of the internationally recognized government, Hassan Taher, said that the withdrawals did not comply with the agreed steps, adding that the redeployment agreement from ports provided for tripartite monitoring and demining.

"What happening in Hodeida is an attempt to conceal failure of the UN Envoy Martin Griffiths," al-Hassan Taher added, noting that his official government would "not accept such farce and would be the main party to any pact."


Follow us on twitter

Follow us on Telegram
https://telegram.me/DebrieferNet

LATEST

Read Also


Comments

No comments

Add Comment