Houthi group has deployed large military reinforcements to southern districts of the Red Sea city of Hodeida, said the Yemeni internationally-recognized government early on Wednesday.
Houthis have sent huge numbers of their fighters and combat equipment to Hais and Attahaita districts, the government army website added.
The Houthi reinforcements have come from Jarahi district of Hodeida and from the central governorate of Ibb, it said.
"Houthis have shelled, with artillery and machineguns, different sites of the army in Attahaita," said the website without further details.
On Monday, Houthi group announced that its forces have completed the first phase of redeployment from Hodeida ports, which started Saturday.
Yemen has been racked by a 4-year bloody conflict between the internationally-recognized Yemeni government's forces, backed by a Saudi-led coalition, and the Iranian-backed Houthi rebels who ousted the government in 2014.
Parties to the 4-year war in Yemen, after 8-day peace talks in Sweden, reached on the 13th of last December an agreement providing for ceasefire in Hodeida and redeployment of both sides' forces, exchanging prisoners and alleviating blockade imposed by Houthis on Taiz.
But none of this has taken place so far, with both sides trading blames for trying to thwart the deal.
The Red Sea city of Hodeida and its ports have been under Houthi control since late 2014, while Yemeni joint forces loyal to legitimate government and Arab coalition have massed at the city's fringes since last November seeking to retake the strategic port.
Yemen 4-year war has triggered what the UN calls the world's worst humanitarian crisis, with most of the population in need for a type of humanitarian aid and immediate protection, including 14 million people risking famine and some 1.8 million children suffering malnutrition.