The Houthi group (Ansar Allah) said on Monday evening that its military response will not stop until the US-Saudi aggression is over and the siege, continued for the fifth year is lifted.
The head of the National Delegation, Mohammed Abdulsalam tweeted: " the military response will not stop until the US-Saudi aggression is over and the siege is lifted. Adding that assumptions of not responding to the aggression are merely delusions by those raging the aggression against Yemen.
"We urge the Armed Forces in all their formations to strengthen their legitimate defense strikes and by all available and possible ways," he said.
Abdulsalam's statements came after the group announced targeting the King Khalid Air Base in Khamis Mushait in Asir region, south of Saudi Arabia, with a number of Qasif 2K drone.
The spokesman for the forces of the Houthis, Brigadier General Yahya Saree
said that the drone air force carried out large operations towards the King Khalid Air Base in Khamis Mushait with a number of Qasif 2K drones.
Houthi spokesman's statments come hours after the UN said that the
Yemen’s warring sides have agreed on a “mechanism and new measures to reinforce the ceasefire and de-escalation” around the flashpoint port of Hodeidah as well as technical aspects of a troop pullback.
Yemen has been devastated by a five-year armed conflict by the government backed by the coalition and the Iran-backed Houthis.
More than 11.000 civilians have been killed and tens of thousands of others injured in the war. Millions have been displaced and tens of thousands have fled outside the country.
The coalition has been responsible for the vast majority of civilian casualties, according to the UN and international human rights organisations.
The conflict has caused what the United Nations calls the world's worst humanitarian crisis.
More than 24 million people, more than 80% of the country's population, are in need some form of humanitarian or protection assistance, including 8.4 million people who don't know where their next meal will come from, according to the UN.
And there are nearly 2 million children suffering from acute malnutrition, the UN said.
Parties to the 4-year war in Yemen, after 8-day peace talks in Sweden, reached on the 13th of last December an agreement providing for ceasefire in Hodeida and redeployment of both sides' forces, exchanging prisoners and alleviating blockade imposed by Houthis on Taiz.
But none of this has taken place so far, with both sides trading blames for trying to thwart the deal.
The Red Sea city of Hodeida and its ports have been under Houthi control since late 2014, while Yemeni joint forces loyal to legitimate government and Arab coalition have massed at the city's fringes since last November seeking to retake the strategic port.