Hadi info minister dubs UN support for Houthis as serious disdain

Aden (Debriefer)
2019-05-29 | Since 4 Month

Cars provided by UN to Houthis

اضغط هنا لقراءة الخبر بالعربية

Information minister at the internationally-recognized government of Yemen has dismissed UN provision of vehicles for the Houthi-run national demining center in Sana'a as serious disdaining Yemenis' lives.

The UN development Program provided the Iranian-backed Houthis with 20 4W-drive cars under the name of supporting demining efforts in Yemen, Moammar al-Eryani added on Twitter.

But, he said this is a "new UN scandal" as "the militias will divert such support to their combating operations in Dhalea and Hodeida."

The support provided by sister and friend countries to relief programs will unfortunately be channeled to Houthi mines manufactory, while millions of hungry IDPs sieged and prevented food supplies by the group, he added.

"Since their coup four years ago, the Houthis have not said they removed a single landmine," said Hadi info minister. Instead, they have "planted hundreds of thousands of different mines."

Eryani posted photos, he claimed previously taken by media outlets, of Houthi leaders proudly celebrating the launch of plants for manufacturing of mines and explosives "that left thousands of civilian casualties."

On Tuesday, the UNDP tweeted that it provided 20 vehicles for the demining "partner" in support of constant efforts in Hodeida.

This is the first stage of demining efforts in north and south that would help ensure demining teams better equipped to work in hard environment, said the program.

Yemen has been racked by a 4-year bloody conflictbetween the internationally-recognized Yemeni government's forces, backed by a Saudi-led coalition, and the Iranian-backed Houthi rebels who ousted the government in 2014.

Yemeni areas,flashpoints in particular, have seen thousands of mines planted by the Iranian-backed Houthi rebels since the war outbreak in 2015.

According to official government HR ministry, Houthis have planted more than one million mines throughout the four years of fighting, the highest rate since the WWII.

On the 25th of last June, the Saudi KSRelief launched a US$40-million demining initiative in Yemen for 5 years.


Follow us on twitter

Follow us on Telegram
https://telegram.me/DebrieferNet

LATEST

Read Also


Comments

No comments

Add Comment