Yemen's Houthis group (Ansar Allah) said on Wednesday its forces had seized of more than 20 military sites in Najran, southern Saudi Arabia, on the border with Yemen in the past 72 hours.
According to Houthi Army's spokesman, Yahya Saree, Houthi-run "Saba" news agency reported that the military sites in Najran were captured in a “surprise” offensive carried out over the last 72 hours.
Brigadier Saree said: Our fighters attacked enemy sites in Najran from 3 tracks, 1st Al-Sawah, 2nd west al-Sudais and 3rd off Al-Sudais.
The spokesman went on to assert that more than 200 of what he called mercenaries of Saudi-led military coalition had been killed or wounded, destroyed more than 20 military vehicles and armored while numerous others were captured along with large quantities of military equipment.
Saree added: "We have extensive video footage of the operation which will be broadcast later,”.
It is no immediate comment from the Saudi authorities or the Saudi-led coalition regarding this news until the moment of writing this news.
The Houthis have always said their attacks on Saudi territory are part of a response to "crimes" committed by coalition aircraft against civilians and infrastructure in Yemen.
Yemen has been battered by a five-year armed conflict between the internationally recognised government backed by the Saudi-led coalition and the Iran-backed Houthis. The Houthis have been controlling the capital Sanaa and large parts of most densely populated northern, middle and western regions since they ousted the government in late 2014.
The conflict has caused what the United Nations calls the world's worst humanitarian crisis.
More than 24 million people, more than 80% of the country's population, are in need some form of humanitarian or protection assistance, including 8.4 million people who don't know where their next meal will come from, according to the UN.
And there are nearly 2 million children suffering from acute malnutrition, the UN said.