A medical source in Amran governorate, under Houthi-held areas in northern Yemen, revealed two confirmed cases of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
"The confirmed cases in the isolation department of the May 22 Hospital in Amran, two cases, one of which is in intensive care, because of his deteriorating health," the source told "Debriefer".
The source confirmed that there are many cases of suspicion that have been placed under medical isolation pending the results of the analysis of the dedicated PCR to confirm the infection.
On Saturday, the Ministry of Health in the Houthi Salvation Government announced that two confirmed cases of novel coronavirus in the Yemeni capital, Sana'a, had been recorded for a man and a woman who said they were recovering, so that the number of confirmed cases of three people, one of them a Somali died immediately after being infected with the COVID-19.
The Yemeni internationally recognized government and international organizations accuse the Houthi group of being very secretive of the real numbers of cases and deaths caused by the virus in the group's control areas in the north of the country.
A source close to the Ansar Allah group (Houthis) confirmed that the virus had reached senior Houthi leaders as the Ministry of Health in the government of "Salvation"of Houthis, insists on controlling the epidemic within the limits of the three cases that were previously disclosed.
The source told "Debriefer", Monday evening, that the director of the presidential office (the Supreme Political Council) Ahmed Hamed, Hashem Sharaf al-Din, and Abdullah, the senior officials in the presidential office, have been registered as infected with COVID-19.