Gov't says Yemen affected by Covid-19 third wave

Debriefer
2021-08-18 | Since 2 Month

Aden (Debriefer) - Yemen has entered in third spread of Covid-19, health minister in the UN-recognized government said Monday, highlighting the need for citizens to adhere to precautions.
Last week, there was a notable increase in coronavirus cases, Dr. Qasim Bohaibih added, as some isolation centers are getting overcrowded.
Health ministry instructed hospitals and centers to boost preparedness in the face of the third wave, "in which Yemen is thought to have entered," he told Yemen's official TV.
"Laboratory and Covid-19 test capacities are not as we hope, so we don't detect all the affected cases. We only observe those cases arrives at laboratories and isolation centers with severe symptoms."
The Yemeni minister called on people to adhere to precautions and take vaccines against the pandemic.
Until Monday, Yemeni government-held areas recorded 7,308 cases including 1,405 deaths and 4,528 recoveries.
On 4 August, the UN expressed concerns at third wave of the pandemic in Yemen, following an increase in infections, with only 1% of Yemeni population vaccinated against Covid-19.


Follow us on twitter
@DebrieferNet

Follow us on Telegram
https://telegram.me/DebrieferNet