RIYADH (Debriefer)--At least 110 Houthi fighters were killed in airstrikes in the past 24 hours in Yemen's northeastern provinces of Marib and Jawf, the Saudi-led coalition said in a statement carried by the Saudi press agency on Sunday.
The coalition has been supporting the forces of the internationally recognised government since 2015.
At least 9 Houthi vehicles were destroyed in the new airstrikes, according to the agency.
Last week, the coalition said that 27,000 Houthis have been killed in battles with the government forces and Saudi-led airstrikes in Marib since February. The Houthis admitted to losing 14,700 fighters since June.
On Friday, the UN envoy for Yemen Hans Grundberg expressed concerns over military escalation in the province which is accommodating around 2 million IDPs.
Continued escalation is undermining peace efforts as the international community is seeking to end the seven-year war in the country, he added.