Sana'a (Debriefer) The Houthi group has recruited thousands of new fighters as part of the central region, the Iranian-backed group said on Tuesday, despite the UN-brokered truce in Yemen.
The military central region celebrated the graduation of 3,000 servicemen as part of a new batch called 'vehement war', the Houthi-run Saba news agency said.
Most of this batch's recruits were attracted from summer centers organized by the Houthi group annually for school children in some provinces under the group's control, say observers.
The announcement comes one day after the President of the Yemeni Leadership Council warned against Houthi recruitment.
Houthi persistently organized mobilization threatens to undermine the UN-mediated truce and the chances of its renewal in the future, President Rashad al-Alimi told the UN special envoy for Yemen at meeting in Riyadh.
Earlier this month, the UN accused the Houthis of continually soldering children, despite the memo of understanding signed with the group to stop these violations and to start firing under-18 children.