Cairo (Debriefer) - Egypt on Monday strongly deplored the ballistic missiles and drones fired by Houthis in Yemen towards Saudi lands.
The Egyptian foreign ministry expressed "full solidarity with Saudi Arabia in the face of these assaults targeting civilians and civil facilities, and support for all measures taken by the Kingdom to defend its lands and protect its national security.
"Egypt reiterates that such attacks would only lead to further escalation and instability in Yemen," the ministry added in a statement, underlining the need for listening to all ceasefire calls so that way can be paved for resuming the political process and solving Yemen's crisis.
Earlier on Monday, spokesman for the Saudi-led coalition said their air defenses intercepted and destroyed 7 drones and 4 ballistic missiles fired "in failed attempt" by Houthis.
The Iranian-backed Houthi group "deliberately escalates hostile, terrorist targeting against civilians and civil properties deeply inside cities in Yemen's neighbor countries," Colonel Turki al-Maliki added.
According to the Houthi account, the group launched a massive military operation that targeted a number of vital military bases and facilities in Jizan, Najran and Aseer, Saudi south.
The attack targeted Abha, Jizan and Najran airports, warplanes' hanger, pilots' residence and Patriot systems in Khamis Mushait in Aseer, the Houthi spokesman said.
"The giant oil facility in Jizan-based industrial zone was also targeted, and the hits were accurate," Yahiya Sarie added.