RIYADH (Debriefer)--The Saudi-led coalition said on Monday it intercepted four ballistic missiles and seven explosive drones that were fired by the Houthi Group into Saudi Arabia.
"Early today, the joint forces destroyed four ballistic missiles and seven explosive drones that were launched in failed Houthi attempts to target civilians and civilian objects," spokesman for the coalition, Turki Al-Maliki, said in a statement carried by the Saudi press agency.
The coalition has been fighting the Houthis, also known as Ansar Allah, in support of Yemen's internationally recognised government since 2015.
It accused the Houthis of deliberate escalation of their hostilities and terror against civilians and civilian objects in Yemen and neighbouring countries using ballistic missiles and explosive drones, according to the agency.
Houthi military spokesman, Yahya Sari'a, said his group would release an important statement in coming hours about their latest military operation in Saudi Arabia.
On Sunday, chief of the Houthi intelligence and military reconnaissance, Abdullah Al-Hakim, said his group has a bank of vital targets in Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Tel Aviv and beyond.
"We can reach and completely destroy all oil and economic facilities of the member states of the coalition," Al-Hakim said.
Earlier this month, the coalition launched a military operation to destroy Houthi qualitative capabilities following repeated missile and drone attacks on Saudi Arabia.